At Langley Park Dental we offer various types of orthodontics:
Short Term Orthodontics is split broadly into two types of appliances
1. Fixed Braces – these are bonded to the teeth and normally have white brackets and white wires to be as discrete as possible.
2. Removable braces – these are clear aligners what can be removed from the mouth.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten your teeth and achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of. Using advanced 3D computer imaging technology, Invisalign displays your complete treatment plan from start to finish. A series of custom made clear aligners are produced, each aligner is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next in the series. The aligners gradually move the teeth to the final position.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible. No one may even notice that you’re wearing these virtually invisible aligners, making Invisalign a seamless fit with your lifestyle and day to day interactions with others.
- Invisalign aligners are removable giving you the flexibility to eat and drink what you want during treatment by simply removing the aligners. It is also advised that you remove the aligners to brush and floss as you normally would for fresh breath and to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Unlike traditional fixed braces, there are no metal brackets or wires. This means that in most cases less time is spent in your dental practice for adjustments.
- And finally, Invisalign allows you to view your virtual results and treatment plan before you even begin treatment so you can see how your teeth are expected to look when your treatment is complete.
How much does Invisalign cost?
As with other types of orthodontic treatment, the cost of Invisalign is dependent on the complexity of your issue and your course of treatment. As a general rule the cost is comparable to traditional fixed braces. And, although only an Invisalign Provider is able to fully determine your cost, prices for Invisalign treatment are generally £3,995. However, if only minor tooth movement is required, prices could start from £1,950 – £2325.
How often must I see my dentist once I have started treatment?
Appointment intervals are generally the same as with traditional braces but can be much quicker with less time spent in the dentists chair during appointments as no adjustments need to be made to wires/brackets. Patients typically visit their dentist every 4 to 6 weeks to ensure the treatment is progressing as planned, and to receive their next few sets of Invisalign aligners.
How long does the Invisalign treatment take?
The total duration of treatment depends on the complexity of the treatment. Typically treatment can last between 9 and 18 months. During your consultation, your dentist can provide you with more detailed information.
Is the Invisalign treatment painful?
Some people may experience temporary, minor discomfort for a few days, at the beginning of each new stage of treatment when they insert a new aligner. This is normal and is typically described as a feeling of pressure. It is a sign that the aligners are working – moving your teeth gradually, helping you to achieve the final results. This discomfort typically goes away in a couple of days.
How often must the aligners be worn?
Aligners should be worn all the time during treatment, except when eating, brushing or flossing teeth.
What’s the best way to clean my aligners?
The best way to clean your aligners is by brushing and rinsing them in lukewarm water. It’s important that you brush your teeth after each meal and prior to re-inserting your aligners to maintain proper hygiene.